Thursday, June 27, 2013

Prayer for Lungs

Earlier in the week on Monday or early Tues. morning, I prayed about what I should blog this week. I got the idea to write the verses and a prayer I have been saying for Jaycee concerning her lungs. In the past few months, I have focused on prayer for her lungs since her asthma and obstructive sleep apnea have really impacted her health. So here are 2 verses I pray regularly.

As the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being. Genesis 2:7

The Spirit of God has made me, And the breath of the Almighty gives me life. Job 33:4
             Lord, just as you formed Adam and gave him life, breathe into Jaycee. Give her strong breath all night and all day. Keep her lungs open and working perfectly as you intended them to. God, you are the source of all life and your breath sustains Jaycee. I don't have to fear asthma or apnea because ultimately her breath comes from you. Keep her airway open and let her breath come easily. Amen.

It's funny how God lines things up, preparing the way for our lives without us knowing it. God assured me about this blog entry just before Jaycee had a severe asthma attack Tuesday night. She went into the breathing "red zone" (blue fingers and toes, low oxygen saturation levels). We stabilized her at home before taking her to the hospital. She was in the hospital less than 48 hours, which is the shortest time she's ever had in the hospital for a breathing issue (pneumonia this time).

A hospital trip always does a number on me mentally. Fear tries to invade my mind and doubt tries to creep in. It tells me to give up, not to pray, to worry about Jaycee's health and future, and on and on. As I tried to go to sleep last night in Jaycee's hospital room, my mind started trying to give me a dozen reasons to be afraid when Jaycee goes home. I use to let these fears take me over and leave me spiritually immobilized. But I heard God tell me, "Stop. Stay focused. You can't risk being distracted by fear." I thought about this blog entry I was going to write. It was a confirmation from God to keep praying and pressing no matter what the circumstances around me are. So, here I am trying to be obedient and staying focused minute by minute and hour by hour.

1 comment:

submit to reddit