Over the past nine years, I have made many journeys to our nearest Children's hospital with Jaycee. Between the surgeries, hospital admissions, and specialty clinics, we go to St. Louis often. So here are the 10 signs that you are in hospitals too much:
10. You can give strong recommendations about the hospital cafeteria food.
9. When you watch shows like Grey's Anatomy, you recognize some of the terms, procedures, and diagnoses they are using.
8. Many of your stories begin with, "I remember that one time we were in the hospital when..."
7. Various staff all over the hospital recognize you and your family.
6. The words emergency, hospital, rare complication, or IV can make you break out into hives.
5. People ask you questions about the hospital and you know the answers to them. (When are visiting hours? Is there a place to do laundry here? Is parking free? Where's the parent lounge?)
4. Stuffed animals and balloons only make you think of being in the hospital.
3. You can never vacation in the same city as the hospital because you have too many bad memories associated with that city.
2. When you tell your other child you're taking their sibling to the hospital for an appointment, they ask what day you'll be back.
1. You and your spouse argue over what health event or surgery happened what year.