Tuesday, July 28, 2015

What Mom Says!

As a parent, I find myself saying the same things over and over. (And over.)


When I'm parenting Jaycee, these are the things that come out of my mouth most often:

  • Jaycee, it's time for your medicine/treatment.
  • Let go of your brother please!
  • Time to go to the potty.  Jaycee rarely goes to the bathroom on her own; she goes on a schedule.
  • Don't eat so fast!/Chew your food.
  • Are you listening to me?
  • Shut off the Kindle./Who gave you the Kindle?
  • I don't understand, use your talker.
  • I don't know what Cousin Gabby is doing!  My response to her signing for cousin Gabby multiple times a day.
  • Jaycee, dad left the room take his seat. This is a big joke in our family that Jaycee always sits in his seat when he leaves the room. Sometimes, I encourage it.
  • I love you, Jaycee.  To which she replies as best as she can, "love you momma."
  • You don't need your shoes, we aren't going anywhere.


As you can see, Jaycee requires instruction. Jaycee needs answers to her questions. Jaycee has to be reminded of things. Jaycee craves love. And, Jaycee likes to play jokes.

In this respect, she is like any other child.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

submit to reddit