Thursday, December 28, 2017

Best Therapy Tips of 2017

Nearly every Thursday, I have been sharing a speech therapy tip here based on my work as a pediatric speech-language pathologist. I've spent years now working with infants and toddlers in my state's birth to three program. I've discovered some easy ways to promote language that are worth sharing. I've also come across some of the same questions from parents over the years too. I've used my blog on Thursdays to address some of these things and spread some of my knowledge.

Here's the top 3 Therapy Tip posts of 2017:

#1
Therapy Tip: I'm Worried About my Child's Language
In this post, I give red flags for 1 & 2 year olds that may signal the need for a speech-language evaluation. I also discuss the pros and cons of the 'wait and see' approach when you aren't quite convinced that your child needs testing.


#2
Therapy Tip: Fun with Magnets!
This post tells readers how you can target basic language and articulation goals using magnets.


#3
Therapy Tip: Winter Sensory Bin
If you need a simple idea for a sensory bin in the winter season, this is a good post for you.



Bonus:
This one didn't make the top 3, but this was one of my personal favorites:
Therapy Tip: When to Start Speech Therapy for Children with Down syndrome?
In this post, I share my personal opinion on when a baby or toddler with Down syndrome should receive speech therapy.


Thanks for reading my therapy tips this year!!

1 comment:

submit to reddit