Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Prayers for My Healthy Child

Last week, I had a piece on Patheos. Take a read, if you missed it:

Sometimes, I leave him in the middle of night to transport his sister to the hospital for an emergency. He knows when this happens I could be gone for a few days or a week or two.

Other times, I am gone an entire day for scheduled specialty appointments for his sister.

There are all sorts of reasons why my son is cared for by other family members a few times a year. Every time it happens, my heart is in two places. I go with the child whose health requires me to be present, but I’m thinking of the child not with me. The child with medical conditions and limited verbal speech obviously needs her mother. Still, there is a son left behind with emotional needs unattended by that same mother.
To Read More, Click the Link: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

submit to reddit