Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Why I Needed Prayer When I Didn't Want It

Last week, I had this post on the Key Ministry website. It's an honest look at how I can feel spiritually after weeks of care taking. Start reading it here if you missed it: 

A few months ago, I found myself in the chaos that occurs during an illness with my medically complex daughter. For weeks, my daughter’s breathing struggled. At home, there were increased albuterol treatments day and night and nocturnal oxygen use. Her oxygen saturation monitor alarmed frequently several nights jarring my husband and I awake causing us to spring into action. 
There were two trips to the emergency room that led to two hospital admissions for a total of 6 nights. After two rounds of steroids, two different antibiotics, and numerous breathing treatments, my daughter was finally back to her normal self. In all, five weeks were devoted to treating this illness that ended in pneumonia.
During all of this, our routine flipped upside down. Thanksgiving was spent in a hospital, not with family and friends. My work schedule was revised and revised again. Each day presented challenges. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

submit to reddit