Saturday, September 1, 2012

Things to do in the hospital

When there is a lot of down time in the hospital, here is what I do to pass the time:

1. I look at my schedule and plan things out for the next week. Get a game plan for when we get home.
2. Go to the gift shop or cafeteria. Find a snack I haven't eaten in a long time. I forgot how good runts are!
3. Clean out my purse. Ditch all the expired coupons. Why do I have so many tokens for Chuck E. Cheese?
4. Read through magazines that I don't have time to read at home.  Find a recipe I'll use at home later. Yeah, right!
5. Time to go through my emails. I finally delete old emails for good. I read through all the emails I saved that had long attachments.
6. Time to delete old files off of my computer. I delete documents I haven't opened in a year. This is something I never do at home.
7. Update all the family and friends through the internet, texts, or phone. I forget who I tell what to. Sometimes things haven't changed and I'm in a bad mood, so I don't tell anyone anything.
8. You tube: I never go on this website unless we are in the hospital. I watch music videos from Toby Mac.
9. Play solitaire on the computer. I generally lose.
10. Obsessively pick up things around the room. I rearrange stuff in the suitcase. I wish I had clorox wipes so I could really clean things up in her room. Then I wonder why my brain wishes for clorox wipes. Is there something wrong with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

submit to reddit