Tuesday, August 21, 2018

More Prayers for Lungs

A couple of years ago, I wrote a post called Prayer for Lungs. It was a simple post written while my daughter was battling a respiratory event. I shared two verses in the Bible that I used in my prayers for her. In the past year, this post has been read every week by multiple people. It was written while I was tired and stressed, so it was short and sweet.

Today, I thought I would share more on this topic of prayer and lung issues. I have combed through the Bible in the past looking for scriptures to pray over my child. On a daily basis, Jaycee has interventions for obstructive sleep apnea, asthma, and a poor cough response. A few times a year, Jaycee is admitted to the hospital for pneumonia or a virus attacking her lungs causing her to need oxygen or higher support. As you can imagine, I have prayed many prayers for Jaycee's breathing and lungs. Below you'll find scriptures and sample prayers I say. I hope these help you in your situation.


21 So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” 22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained. John 20:21-23
God, you have given many good gifts to your children. Just as you breathed onto your disciples, I ask that you breathe on my daughter. Give her a sustaining breath. I ask that the Holy Spirit minister to her while she's sick giving her reassurance and strength. Amen!


Thus says God the Lord,
Who created the heavens and stretched them out,
Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it,
Who gives breath to the people on it,
And spirit to those who walk on it:
Isaiah 42:5
God, you are the one who put breath in our lungs. But, the enemy is trying to destroy my child's lungs and steal her breath. I ask that you heal her lungs and help them function as you intended them to function. Give her breath that sustains her life. Help her oxygen levels to be normal. Let all the mucus, viruses, and fluid leave her lungs. Allow her lungs to function perfectly as you created them to be. Amen! 

Again He said to me, “Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, ‘O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! Thus says the Lord God to these bones: “Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live. I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you, cover you with skin and put breath in you; and you shall live. Then you shall know that I am the Lord.” ’ ” Ezekiel 37:4-6
Father God, Your word shows you can give life giving resurrection power. You miraculously gave breath and life back to the dry bones, so how easy it must be for you to give breath to my child. I pray that the same power flow through my daughter, healing damage, removing sickness, and allowing oxygen to flow normally. Let breath enter her supernaturally, and let her lungs work normally. Let this sickness be finished, and let her live. Amen!

17 For how can this servant of my lord talk with you, my lord? As for me, no strength remains in me now, nor is any breath left in me.”
18 Then again, the one having the likeness of a man touched me and strengthened me. 19 And he said, “O man greatly beloved, fear not! Peace be to you; be strong, yes, be strong!” Daniel 10:17-19
God, You must know my daughter is sick and tired. She has no strength left, even to breathe on her own. Just as you helped Daniel, help my child. Give her strength and breath. Help her lungs to work properly. Let none of us fear at this time. Let the diagnoses, the struggling, and the many interventions that are happening not create fear in any of us. Let us walk in your perfect peace and strength. God, you can do so many things when we ask and seek you. Lord, I'm asking for your help in our situation. Give the supernatural healing to my daughter's lungs and bring peace to her mind. Amen.  

2 comments:

  1. Very helpful prayers especially when one is not feeling. I have come across the prayer after being unable to sleep because of continuous coughing and tightness in my lungs. I have undergone a lot lately and the Good Lord has continued to support and heal, as I had stem cells transplant in December 2021 after chemotherapy treatment and now recuperating, but the asthma and Churg-Strauss is stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for my sister grandchild in ICI

    ReplyDelete

submit to reddit