Thursday, June 27, 2013

Prayer for Lungs

Earlier in the week, I prayed about what I should blog this week. I felt I should share the verses and a prayer I have been saying for my daughter, Jaycee, concerning her lungs. In the past few months, I have focused prayers for her lungs since her asthma and obstructive sleep apnea have really impacted her health. Here are two verses I pray regularly:

As the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being. Genesis 2:7

The Spirit of God has made me, And the breath of the Almighty gives me life. Job 33:4
             Lord, just as you formed Adam and gave him life, breathe into my child. Give her strong breath all night and all day. Keep her lungs open and working perfectly as you intended them to be. God, you are the source of all life and your breath sustains my child. I don't have to fear asthma or sleep apnea because ultimately her breath comes from you. These things are not more powerful than you God. Let my daughter's airway stay open and let her breath come easily. Amen.


It's funny how God lines things up, preparing the way for our lives without us knowing it. I started working on this blog entry just before Jaycee had a severe asthma attack Tuesday night. She went into the "red zone" on her asthma action plan (blue fingers and toes, low oxygen saturation levels). We stabilized her at home before taking her to the hospital. She was in the hospital less than 48 hours, which is the shortest time she's ever had in the hospital for a breathing issue (pneumonia this time).

A hospital trip always does a number on me mentally. Fear tries to invade my mind and doubt tries to creep in. It tells me to give up, not to pray, to worry about Jaycee's health and future, and on and on. As I tried to go to sleep last night in Jaycee's hospital room, my mind started trying to give me a dozen reasons to be afraid when Jaycee goes home with her breathing still not perfect. I often let these fears take over and leave me spiritually immobilized. But I heard God tell me, "Stop. Stay focused. You can't risk being distracted by fear."

I thought about this blog entry I was going to write. It was a confirmation from God to keep praying and pressing no matter what the circumstances around me are. This is me trying to be obedient and staying focused minute by minute and hour by hour.


For more like this, read More Prayers for Lungs.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you very much i am using the scripture that you use , please help me and inclyde me in your prayers God bless you , frm Zipporah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your purpose and focus. God bless you. I pray for Jaycee: God, you are all powerful, kind, full of mercy and love. You are omnipresent and you are right here, this very moment. I open my heart to your love and blessings. Please bless Jaycee, your own child. You are perfect and complete creator. Give Jaycee a perfect, healthy, happy prosperous long life: as you intended, when you sent her on this planet. I understand, that in the light of your love No illness, poverty, misery, pain can survive. You fill us with love, health, peace and harmony. Your love is GLOWING IN EACH CELL OF JAYCEE's BODY....RIGHT NOW ! YOU ARE SENDING YOUR DIVINE LOVE THROUGH THE BREATH AND HER LUNGS ARE BECOMING SUPER-STRONG: HEALTHY & NORMAL. She is exhaling the evil wind out. Now YOU are here, you are with her, you are besides here, you are In here....she is surrendered to you love and blessings...she can feel you...she is WELL !!! Glory to you God. Glory to Jesus. Thank you lord...thank you a million times...Thanks. Amen

    ReplyDelete

submit to reddit