Tuesday, November 25, 2014

My Special Chores

My Special Chores.......A peek into the life of a mom caring for a child with special needs:

  • Once a week, clean Jaycee's bi-pap parts. This involves taking the hose off, disconnecting the mask, taking off the air filter, taking out the water chamber and submerging all in soapy water.
  • Clean the AFO braces once a week with soapy water.
  • Clean the inhaler aerochamber once a week. This involves soaking the chamber in soapy water for 15 minutes and air drying overnight.
  • Once a week, I clean the nebulizer mask. Periodically, I change the tubing on the nebulizer.
  • Once a month, check Jaycee's night diaper supply & reorder if necessary.
  • Once a week, check the medications to see if any need reordered. Go to the pharmacy if needed.
  • Schedule doctor's appointments and move things around at work to adjust for them.
  • Dust the house regularly to prevent allergens from building up.
  • Monthly, check the stock pile of various medical supplies like oxygen tubing and saturation monitor probes.
  • Regularly change messages or add pictures to Jaycee's communication device A.K.A the talker.
  • Every couple of months, change the filter on Jaycee's airway clearance machine.
  • At the end of the week, I plan my meals for the next week. Ever since we learned Jaycee has severe acid reflux, I do my best to only have 1 or 2 meals a week that could possibly be triggers for her reflux. I make sure I have the foods available that are good for Jaycee to eat that won't cause her reflux. This does take some planning and thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

submit to reddit