- Once a week, clean Jaycee's bi-pap parts. This involves taking the hose off, disconnecting the mask, taking off the air filter, taking out the water chamber and submerging all in soapy water.
- Clean the AFO braces once a week with soapy water.
- Clean the inhaler aerochamber once a week. This involves soaking the chamber in soapy water for 15 minutes and air drying overnight.
- Once a week, I clean the nebulizer mask. Periodically, I change the tubing on the nebulizer.
- Once a month, check Jaycee's night diaper supply & reorder if necessary.
- Once a week, check the medications to see if any need reordered. Go to the pharmacy if needed.
- Schedule doctor's appointments and move things around at work to adjust for them.
- Dust the house regularly to prevent allergens from building up.
- Monthly, check the stock pile of various medical supplies like oxygen tubing and saturation monitor probes.
- Regularly change messages or add pictures to Jaycee's communication device A.K.A the talker.
- Every couple of months, change the filter on Jaycee's airway clearance machine.
- At the end of the week, I plan my meals for the next week. Ever since we learned Jaycee has severe acid reflux, I do my best to only have 1 or 2 meals a week that could possibly be triggers for her reflux. I make sure I have the foods available that are good for Jaycee to eat that won't cause her reflux. This does take some planning and thinking!
Tuesday, November 25, 2014
My Special Chores
My Special Chores.......A peek into the life of a mom caring for a child with special needs: