Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Guest Posts Wanted for DS Awareness Month

It's almost here!!! Hooray!!

What is almost here?

Down syndrome Awareness Month-coming in October!

The National Down syndrome Society (NDSS) calls for October to be a month of celebration of abilities and accomplishments of those with Down syndrome.

During the month of October, I participate in the 31 for 21 challenge--blogging 31 days in October for Trisomy 21 awareness. Keeping the NDSS's position in mind, last year I had several guest posts for a series I called "I Can." The posts featured a story about someone with Down syndrome that was meaningful to the family or highlighted the person's abilities. I had a few parents share about their child, one child with Down syndrome share something, and even a sibling. These posts were quite popular last year!

This year, I would like to feature more stories of people with Down syndrome during October celebrating their lives, interests, achievements, abilities, and personalities. Want to join me? Write a post about your loved one, email it to me, and then it may appear here during October. I will also share it on my social media accounts.

Here's what I'd like:

Theme: The post should share accomplishments, abilities, interests, or personalities of someone with DS. You can send me something outside of this if you have a different idea, but I may choose not to run with it.

Content: New or old content is welcomed. If you are a blogger and have a post you have published on your own site, you may send it my way for a reposting.

Word Count: No set number for this. Most of the posts were pretty short last year, but length is up to you.

Deadline to join in: I need all writings by September 25th. Only one post will be shared each day, so there are only 31 spots for posts available. I will let you know the date your post will be featured by September 30th at the latest.

Ready, write, and send:
-Please send your written post via email to evanasandy@gmail.com. You can type your post in the body of the email or send it as a Word attachment.
-Please, please, please send a picture with it that can be attached to your post.
-If you are a blogger, feel free to link back to your blog and/or write up a bio of you/your family.
-I may edit your piece for length or clarity. Curse words will be omitted.

Here are some examples from last year:

Meet Nate: I Can...

Meet Benjamin: I Can...

Meet My Brother

Meet Sophie: I Can...


Click HERE for the NDSS statement on Down syndrome Awareness month.

I can't wait to see the guest posts!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

submit to reddit