Sunday, October 11, 2015

31 for 21: Taking Courage


Blogging 31 days for Trisomy 21 for Down syndrome Awareness Month Continues with Share a Scripture Sunday.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord.     Psalms 27:13-14


This is a scripture that I often read when Jaycee is in the hospital. Jaycee's Down syndrome has never been the "hardest" part of our lives. Hands down, the most difficult part has been seeing Jaycee struggle with medical conditions that affects her daily life. Her asthma, obstructive sleep apnea, lung cyst, poor cough response, and heart history combine to make a simple cold very dangerous.

When Jaycee is at home wheezing and struggling to breath, I want to despair. When Jaycee gets worse and has to go into the hospital, I really want to despair. When she ends up in the ICU, well you know how I feel.

It's hard to live through those things once, twice, three times, and then more times than you can remember. That's why I need to read passages like this and remind myself to wait, be strong, and take courage.

Sometimes, I have to reach out and take the courage, it doesn't just come to me. I have to choose it and take it. Trust me, it's better to face obstacles with courage.

If you are facing something in life that makes you despair and doubt God's goodness, don't give up. Take courage today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

submit to reddit