Sunday, October 19, 2014

31 for 21: Moving On

31 for 21 continues with Scripture Sunday:

After leaving the synagogue that day, Jesus went to Simon's home, where he found Simon's mother-in-law very sick with a high fever. "Please heal her," everyone begged. Standing at her bedside, he rebuked the fever, and it left her. And she got up at once and prepared a meal for them. 
Luke 4:38-39 NLT

The mother-in-law in this story challenges me. She was sick, healed, and immediately served Jesus and his crew.

Sometimes after Jaycee is sick in the hospital, I get stuck. Even when she's better, I'm stuck with the post traumatic stress of what she just went through. It can affect me for weeks. I deal with sadness, stress, worry, fatigue, etc.

This mother-in-law doesn't sit around wondering how she got sick in the first place. She doesn't ponder why she was sick. She doesn't sit around and worry if she'll get sick again.

She simply gets better through a miracle and continues on.

I can learn a lot from her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

submit to reddit