The 10 Commandments for Moms Raising Children with Special needs:
1. Thou shall be patient.
2. Thou shall forgive those who insult you or your child.
3. Thou shall not be envious of other families.
4. Thou shall celebrate your child's victories and accomplishments with great joy.
5. Honor the child with the diagnosis.
6. Thou shall not be constantly overwhelmed.
7. Thou shall be willing to listen and learn from other people with experience.
8. Thou shall be flexible.
9. Thou shall eliminate extra sources of stress if at all possible.
10. Above all, thou shall love your child, your family, yourself, and God.